You can choose to come worship in the building or continue to participate in worship online at https://www.facebook.com/fpcgc/, which ever one you are most comfortable. Both are perfectly appropriate!
Please carefully read the information below.
If you choose to come worship in the church building…
- We will be social distancing, sanitizing and following appropriate health precautions recommended by local and national health organizations. Specific details are noted below.
- We will not be offering any children’s activities or childcare during worship.
- There will be limited socializing permitted (with 6 ft distance and face coverings) in the narthex before and after worship. Weather permitting, we encourage this social time to take place outside.
- We will require everybody to wear a face covering in the building.* If you have one, bring it. If not, a cloth and reusable one will be provided upon entry into the building.
- Worship will be in the Sanctuary. You will be asked to sign in when you walk into the Sanctuary.
- Households may sit together. Keep 6 feet between each household and the next household/individual. You'll find certain pews have been taped off to insure appropriate distance.
- Prayer requests can be submitted in advance by emailing the church (email@example.com) or by phoning the church (614-875-4322) by Fridays at 1PM. Prayer requests will also be taken on Facebook on Sunday mornings during online worship. Cards will not be available in the pews.
- There will be limited congregational singing.
- All hymnals, Bibles and other materials have been removed from the pew racks.
- Hand sanitizers are available in the pew racks and placed in other strategic locations. We strongly encourage using it.
- Offering plates will not be passed. An offering box will be placed by the sanctuary doors.
- Outside doors will be propped open beginning at 9:45AM. Doors will be closed during worship and propped open after service.
- The north restrooms (near the Fellowship Center) are available and will be sanitized before and after worship service. South restrooms are closed.
- Drinking fountains have been shut down and taped off.
- If you are sick, or do not feel good in any way, please stay home and worship online. As a reminder, COVID-19 symptoms include, cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat.
- We will sanitize all areas before and after worship.
* By wearing face coverings, we are “caring for the least of these” says Matthew 25. We ARE a Matthew 25 church! I will have on my face covering until worship begins and immediately at the conclusion of worship. We do this to care for our church family and our community.
Please know the church Session is doing its best to make careful decisions based on the information we have and guidelines provided by local and national health organizations.
We will be evaluating and adjusting our guidelines as necessary after we experience in-person worship.